What is content marketing and how can it improve your business?
Experienced marketers have realised that traditional marketing is becoming less and less effective and that there are much better ways to promote the brand. One of those ways is the content marketing.
Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing the useful, relevant and consistent content, with the purpose of attracting and retaining specific audience that can bring benefits in the form of increased profits.
Content marketing is a type of marketing that is based on the idea of not interrupting the users. Products and services are put in the background, and the main focus is to provide additional value for customers through the content, providing useful information that will make them more intelligent.
The essence of this strategy is the faith, if we as a company provide valuable informations to the customers, they will in return reward us with their loyalty. Therefore useful content should be the basis and center of all your marketing activities.
What makes the difference between content marketing and other content that can be found on the internet and which is created for the pure purpose of promotion, is its value and relevance. If we take away these two properties from the content, it would completely lose its meaning and would become spam.
Good content marketing easily attracts people's attention so that they stop, read, think and behave differently.
If you manage to create and perform into work a long-term strategy that is based on the quality of the content and providing value, you will succeed to create a brand new picture of yourself or your brand in the mind of your target audience, which will bring you authority and competitive advantage.
Content marketing is used by the most powerful global companies such as Coca-Cola, Ikea, etc.. Why should not your company use it?
In its simplest form, this technique involves communication with your potential customers through content. Content must fulfil the following requirements:
- That the audience enjoys it
- And to demonstrate your audience that you are the right person for this business.
However, combining these two "simple" factors could be a little harder to achieve. Here is how to attain it.
1. Provide a good basic for the content construction
To create a good content it is necessary to invest a lot of time and energy. But before that it is necessary to provide a reliable platform in the domain that is in your possession and which you will be able to control completely. You will need a reliable web hosting with CMS for an easy content management.
2. Place a good foundation
The basis for your platform should be the interests of your audience. Before the start of the web project it is necessary to do a competition and keyword research. Based on the results it is necessary to adapt the content to the theme and create landing pages.
3. Ensure that your content is worth reading
It is not enough that the content has a lot of words. The content is worth reading only if people actually read it, and that decision depends on the readers. If the content does not get enough likes, sharing on social networks and it reduces traffic and increases bounce rate, it is an indicator that it is not good enough.
Good content right from the title attracts the attention of the audience, focusing on problems that readers have, is made to engage and hold the user attention. To check how efficient your content is, use web analytics as a key tool for content promotion.
4. Ensure your content
Make sure your web hosting provider takes seriously the safety and protect the site from hackers.
5. Do not leave your great content in bad environment
Though your words may be brilliant, if you put them into an amateur, unprofessional design, your readers will abandon you. Provide a professional site design and great UX.
6. Create a content that attracts wider audience
Your main content is sufficient to build strong relationships with people who can become potential clients. However, it is necessary to find more readers for your content. This means that you need to create content that will attract and expand your audience.
First of all it is necessary to have skills for finding interesting topics and writing headlines that will attract attention. Should not go to far with the headlines, always make sure you fulfil all the promises and answers from the title, or you can have the opposite effect.
7. Build e-mail lists and newsletters
The content on the site or company blog is fantastic for getting attention, but for deeper connections, email lists are a better solution. E-mail has the most influence on the customers and attract better their attention. If you want to direct users to a specific action, just send them the email.
8. Create the content for a long-range
If you have fulfilled all of the previous items, you can expand the availability of your content, and the best way to do this is guest posting.
Posting on other sites presents your content to a much wider audience. Besides, you can use other channels of promotion, such as webinars, interviews, videos, which can put you in front of a new audience.
Just remember that any channel you use, you should send readers to the site with magnificent content, which is in your control. Other sites should be just a "bait" to attract a new audience to your site.
9. Do not wait too long to make an offer
If you use content marketing, do not forget the marketing part. If your content is directly bound to your business, make sure the audience knows everything about it.
Well-designed landing pages should explain the audience the products and services in a manner that makes their purchase easier. On these pages all has to be clear so that they do not have to look any further.
Whatever the offer on the website is make sure that is something that your target audience wants (not something you think they want) and that on the website exists a clear and simple call to action.
10. Go to social networks when you have something worth mentioning
Do not make an announcement on social networks if you have nothing to offer to your audience. All illegal methods such as buying likes and attracting users through striking titles which do not offer what is in the context, can negatively affect your progress.
The audience of social networks will begin to grow only when you offer them something really valuable. Do not rush with step 10 if you have trouble with step 3.
Content marketing is not a short-term game that brings instant profits, it is a long-term strategy to build an audience that builds and keeps your business running.
How can we help your content?
- BRANDING - when you meet the target customer personally, you have the privilege to present yourself in the best way through verbal communication and body language. One way to achieve this online are words you use on your site. By publishing content which you show that you are an expert on this field, you will gain a greater confidence of your clients and stronger branding.
- SEO OPTIMIZATION - nowadays we can say that the content is SEO. The content of the highest quality is better ranked in the search engines, brings more traffic and more incoming links.
- ENGAGEMENT IN DIFFERENT CHANNELS - publishing our content on your site in the email newsletter and social media helps you attract the audience and presents your brand in the best way to your visitors, subscribers, fans and followers.
- SALE - There are countless much proves and facts that people prefer doing business with companies that offer comprehensive information online, whether through a website, social media or email content. A large amount of users make purchasing decisions based on the content at the blogs and the frequency of posts on social networks.